In the middle of Napoleon III 's reign, Henri Faure
founded his ribbon factory in St. Etienne, still today the world capital
for ribbon manufacturing. When his 3 sons, Georges, Jean and Pierre
joined the company, the change of name to "FAURE FRERES"
came about. In 1942 Julien, Georges' eldest son,
established the JULIEN FAURE Company which will consolidate,
10 years later, all the family activities.
In 1946 Claude, one of Julien's sons, started the
silk department whilst Georges,
another of Julien's sons concentrated on ribbons
alone. In the early 80's Daniel took hold of the
reigns, a few years after his father retired, and launched a drastic
modernisation programme including computerisation,
CAD-CAM software development dedicated to the Jacquard
weaving techniques, the designing and manufacturing of a shuttle loom
for ribbon weaving.
At the beginning of the 90's, Daniel builds a brand new manufacturing
facility a few kilometres from St-Etienne. The site at St-Just-St-Rambert
stands the symbol of the modern image of the group. The questions
of light, movement and space have all been studied and developed to
provide the best possible conditions, encouraging team-work and giving
a sense of convivial professional welcome to both workers and visitors.
Faure passed on the control to his nephew Julien,
being the 5th generation of the family to head the company.